Join Culinary Director Grace Parisi for this recording of a live cook along class where she shows you how to cook and prepare spot shrimp risotto. If you'd like to follow along, the recipe is here, and below are a few things to prepare before you hit play.
- 4 cups seafood stock (or 2 bottles clam juice)
- 1 pound spot shrimp or other large shrimp (31-40), shelled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium leek
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup arborio or carnaroli rice
- ¼ cup dry white wine, plus more for drinking
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 lemon
Prep list for just before the class
- Make seafood stock OR combine 2 cups of clam juice with 2 cups of water.
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Grate or mince the garlic
- Slice the leek (white and pale green parts) into thin rounds and wash well and dry. Reserve 1 cup for the recipe, save the rest for another use.
- Have all of the ingredients measured and set aside in separate bowls. (mise en place in restaurant lingo)
- Chill a bottle of whatever you want to drink!