Terms & Conditions
Thank You For Being Our Customer!
Your fish will be caught and processed with love and care by fishermen and trusted partners who take great pride in providing you with the highest-quality seafood. These terms and conditions apply to your purchase. They constitute an agreement between you and Sitka Seafood Market and may be updated periodically by us in our sole discretion and with or without notice. The first section of Subscription Service Terms & Conditions applies to the purchase of any of our subscription products. The second section of General Terms & Conditions applies to the purchase of all our products.
Subscription Service Terms & Conditions
By purchasing a subscription product on our website, you agree to participate in the Sitka Seafood Market automatic renewal program subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Your subscription is continuous and can be canceled at any time.
- If you choose the option to pay monthly or every other month (based on your chosen delivery interval), this means your subscription automatically renews until terminated and your credit card will be charged at that interval.
- You may choose the option to prepay. After the prepayment is used up, your subscription will automatically renew, convert to a monthly or every other month subscription (based on your chosen delivery interval), and your credit card will be automatically charged at that interval. You will be notified in advance of your credit card being charged, and you will be provided directions about how to change your subscription back to a monthly payment if that is your preference.
- You can skip a box any time on your member account online or by calling customer service.
- You can cancel your subscription any time by calling customer service. So long as you cancel at least three (3) days before your scheduled shipment date, you will be refunded for all boxes paid for but not yet shipped less any promotional or prepaid discounts that apply to the unshipped boxes.
- By signing up for a subscription, you further expressly consent to allow us to make a recurring charge on your credit card to pay for the period of subscription that you choose.
- We reserve the right to increase prices from time to time to account for increases in the costs of doing business. We will always communicate price changes with you in advance.
General Terms & Conditions
- We guarantee you will receive amazing, wild-caught seafood. You will be completely satisfied with anything and everything you receive from us. If you aren’t, let us know and we’ll refund your purchase price or replace your fish with something you’ll be happier with that we have available. Contact us and we will find a solution that is right for you.
- You agree that we shall not be liable or responsible to you for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing, when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond our control.
- By making a purchase, you agree to receiving email, phone calls, and occasional texts regarding updates and offers, including delivery notifications. Unless otherwise requested, we’ll contact you via email or phone with the information provided upon enrollment. Please make sure your contact information is up to date.
- If your delivery address changes or you are unable to accept delivery on the scheduled date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make the necessary adjustments. Please note that we do not require signature upon delivery. If delivery companies normally leave your packages at your door, they will continue to do that with our packages as well.
- Your box will be packed with enough insulation and/or dry ice to keep the seafood frozen until the end of the day it’s delivered. After the end of the day, whether an in-person receipt or doorstep delivery, the customer is responsible for properly storing the seafood to maintain its quality. Sitka Seafood Market and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommend that you keep your seafood frozen until the day before you plan to cook it, and then thaw your seafood under refrigeration and out of the vacuum-sealed packaging. We are happy to answer any questions about recommended storage, thawing, or preparation of your seafood via email or phone.
- We aim to reliably deliver your seafood as scheduled. That said, because of unpredictable weather, unforeseen changes in fishing conditions, the potential for unsafe driving conditions, or other unforeseen circumstances, delivery dates are subject to change. These changes will be swiftly communicated to you by phone or email. You agree that we shall not be liable or responsible to you for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing, when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond our control.
- If you know you will be out of town during a delivery, we are happy to reschedule your delivery. Please contact us, preferably at least a week ahead of time, to communicate an alternate delivery date.
- Should an error occur while executing your delivery, please contact us. We will be happy to resolve the issue.
- To avoid delivery delays, please be sure that we always have your current delivery address and credit card information on file.
- We prioritize exceptional customer service including quick and clear communication with our members. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or a really great recipe to share, our member support team is ready to hear from you. We generally respond to emails within 1 business day and are available for and respond to emails, phone calls, and chats during the hours listed on our website.
- These terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
- All matters arising out of or relating to these terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Delaware.