Here's three ways that you can celebrate giving and help protect Alaska’s wild habitat:
1. Donate $35 or more directly to SEACC on Giving Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- When you directly donate $35 or more Sitka Seafood Market will match* your donation
- Plus, you will be entered to win a FREE Sitka Seafood Market Premium Gift Box—includes Halibut, Albacore Tuna, and Rockfish (Valued at $209 each)—to be shipped in time for Christmas directly to the doorstep of the lower-48 address of your choice (Alaska and Hawaii shipping not available). There are two chances to win!
2. Give the gift of seafood by 11:59 PM CST on November 29, 2022
- Give the gift of sustainable seafood to someone special in your life
- Get 10% off gift subscriptions when you purchase with code GIFT10
3. Subscribe to Sitka Seafood Market by 11:59 PM CST on November 29, 2022
- Give the gift of a subscription to sustainable seafood and get $25 off subscriptions when you subscribe with code SEACC25
- Sitka Seafood Market will donate $25 to SEACC for each subscription purchased from November 21 to November 29*
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a world-wide day of generosity that takes place annually on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving.
On Giving Tuesday in 2021, SEACC raised $8,150 before Sitka Seafood Market's $5,000 match—totaling $13,150 after the match!
Sitka Seafood Market's community of values-driven customers made a huge impact last year—generously giving as first-time donors. In fact, of the 51 total donors who contributed on Giving Tuesday last year, 26 were donating to SEACC for the first time!
What is SEACC?
The Southeast Alaska Conservation Council (SEACC) is a nonprofit conservation organization focused on advocating for the Tongass National Forest, the waters of the Inside Passage, and a healthy climate in Southeast Alaska. These efforts aim to sustain an intact ecosystem, abundant fish and wildlife populations, and unique Southeast Alaskan ways of life. A donation to SEACC is a donation for maintaining healthy forests and salmon habitats.
1% For the Wild
We’re proud to say that SEACC is one of our 1% For the Wild partners. We know that our company depends on wild Alaska habitat and fisheries as well as vital small-scale fishing fleets and healthy communities. That’s why each year Sitka Seafood Market returns 1% of the company’s gross revenue (that’s revenue—not profits!) back to the wild; thereby supporting organizations such as SEACC that work to protect Southeast Alaska’s wild habitat.
Encourage your friends and family to join you in donating to SEACC and don’t forget to post on Giving Tuesday so your friends can get their own chance to win wild and sustainable Alaska seafood this holiday season.
**Sitka Seafood Market will match donations up to $5,000.